Who We Are Looking For
The Marketing Data Intern position is a paid internship opportunity that is designed to immerse the intern into the agency environment, giving them an opportunity to experience what it is like to be a marketing data management professional. Through the course of the program, we will help the intern develop the necessary skills in order to become a strong data analyst.
The Marketing Data Intern will have the opportunity to get hands-on experience and develop real work examples. This role will work across the agency to help the Marketing Data Analyst and channel leads collect, manage and analyze various marketing data sets, such as website analytics, email campaigns, CRM data, social media platforms, online advertising or other sources.
A minimum availability and commitment of 40 hours for a 10-week program is required during standard agency hours of operation. This should be sufficient to satisfy the hours-based internship requirements for most colleges and universities.
What You'll Do Once You're Here
- Create, manage and retrieve various data connection sources, including APIs, custom reports and spreadsheets.
- Use functions, formulas and expressions to create custom measurements as needed.
- Manipulate, clean, and maintain client data (e.g., social feeds, prospect lists, etc.)
- Work with Google Analytics, AdWords, Facebook Insights, email marketing reports and other sources to report relevant data.
- Support the organization, standardization and data analysis to tell deeper stories about our marketing activities.
- Help identify trends in client data and offer recommendations for action.
- Document processes and best practices for data analysis and reporting.
- Support the development of client-facing reports, including compiling data and visuals into slide and dashboard presentations.
- Strong Excel skills, knowledge of other Microsoft and Google publishing tools (i.e. Slides, Word, etc.)
- Knowledge of programming languages (such as R, SQL, etc.)
- Exposure to data visualization tools (such as Tableau, Datorama, etc.) is helpful
- Exposure to Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Strong problem-solving, strategic thinking, time management, and organizational skills
What You Need to Succeed
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, data analytics, information systems or a related field is preferred.
- A curious nature with an interest in understanding how data can help drive our marketing efforts.
Why Two Rivers Marketing