Who We Are Looking For
You’re skilled at creating strategy, planning, analyzing, recommending and placing media. You keep up with the latest trends and changes in media, including all things digital. Media Strategists at Two Rivers Marketing get excited to work with account teams to identify paid media objectives, distill results into an understandable format, and offer keen insights into the role media plays in helping our clients succeed. You’ll also conduct company or brand research to assist strategic planning for clients’ or prospects’ advertising.
What You'll Do Once You're Here
- Participate in general strategic planning for media-buying clients, learn and understand their products and markets, long- and short-term priorities, and general preferences for media channels.
- Conduct media-comparison research and make recommendations.
- Seek out and analyzes multi-channel opportunities and present detailed rationale to the account teams and the clients.
- Develop and present integrated paid media plans.
- Suggest timing for media placements, campaigns, and evaluation methods.
- Provide insight on overall campaign planning and development of accompanying programs and ad creative.
- Create recommendations and rationale for digital-only campaigns involving SEM/Pay-per-click and programmatic media, including establishing campaign metrics and results reporting.
- Negotiate rates and value-added benefits on behalf of media-buying clients, working with sales representatives and publishers on lowest client rates, Two Rivers Marketing rates (in some cases), and commitment requirements (annual, quarterly, etc.).
- Negotiate aggressive added value to paid buys to maximize the investment in placements.
- Manage placements and insertion orders, assist the account service team with coordination of materials, ensure positioning, invoice reconciliation, post-buy analysis, and work with the account team on tracking and reporting to clients.
- Oversee the process for securing and committing to placements and administration from start to finish.
- Maintain media schedules, establish deadlines for materials needed and reports deadlines to the account service teams.
- Review tear sheets to determine whether publications/media have run correct ad, size, position, color, etc.
- Help approve media invoices and settle billing discrepancies with media channels.
- Maintain library of digital and hard-copy media kits, editorial calendars, rates, etc.
- Support or lead client and new business presentations in relation to paid media.
- Work with account team and Media Director to present recommendations as needed.
- Mentor and advise Media Planner/Buyer, guiding and championing knowledge growth of others on the team. Specifically, the team’s designated media planner/buyer.
- Act as a primary contact for media sales representatives to schedule and coordinate media sales meetings.
- Act as a primary contact for media sales representatives for:
- Scheduling schedule and coordinate media sales meetings
- Ongoing sales opportunities that arise throughout the year (typically month-to-month) and providing media Points of View (POVs) to account team on new opportunities.
- Changing media channel details (circulation, audience analyses, Web traffic, media trends, etc.) — keeping the account teams informed as changes happen, particularly with media that we already do business with.
What You Need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, communications, marketing, or related field.
- 5+ years of professional media planning and buying experience, agency experience preferred.
- Experience with print trade media, traditional online, and emerging digital channels preferred.
- Competency in various online buying strategies, execution requirements and reporting considerations.
Why Two Rivers Marketing